ABC Quick Check
- Inflate tires based on the pressure indicated on the sidewall of each tire.
- Use a pressure gauge
- Check for damage on tire threads and sidewalls.
- Inspect pads. Replace pad if it is less than a quarter of an inch already.
- Check pad adjustment. Make sure they do not rub tires or dive into spokes.
- check brake level travel. It should be at least one inch between bar and lever when applied.
CRANKS, CHAIN AND CASETTE
- Make sure that your crank bolts are tight. Lube the threads and nothing else
- Lubricate your chain with wax-based lubricant (oil-based lubricants attract dirt.)
- Check your chain for wear. Twelve links should measure no more than 12 and 1/8 inches.
- If your chain skips on your cassette, you might need a new one or an adjustment on the brake adjuster.
- Plan ahead and prepare.
- Travel and camp on durable surface.
- Dispose waste properly.
- Leave what you find
- Minimize campfire impacts.
- Respect wildlife.
- Be considerate of other visitors.
|(1) Bathala Park, Tanay, Rizal||(6) Nuvali, Sta. Rosa, Laguna|
|(2) Corregidor Island||(7) Quezon Memorial Circle|
|(3) Mall of Asia Compound||(8) Camp John Hay, Baguio|
|(4) Batanes Island||(9) La Mesa Watershed|
|THINGS TO BRING:||RECOMMENDED BRAND/S||WHAT TO WEAR||RECOMMENDED BRAND/S|
|Mountain Bike||Giant/Merida/Trek/Jamis||Cycling Jersey||Fox Racing/ Giant|
|Road Bike||Giant/Merida/Trek/Jamis||Cycling Shorts||Fox Racing/ Giant|
|Hydration Bag||Osprey/The North Face/ Camelbak||Cycling shoes||Shimano|
|Action Camera||Go Pro||Elbow pads||Fox Racing/ Specialized/G Form|
|Eyewear||Bolle/Fury||Knee pads||Fox Racing/ Specialized/G Form|