- Train your mind as well as your body.
- Plan without haste and with the help of trusted expert mountaineers.
- Invest in a good pair of mountaineering boots.
- Carry ample food and water that will last for the whole trip.
- Get up-to-date weather information on areas where you will be in.
- Have a back-up plan in case the weather turns sour or you have to make last minute changes to your itinerary.
- Double your socks to prevent blisters while hiking.
- Layer on clothes but make it easy for you to don and doff a few when needed.
- If you need to keep yourself warm, fill your bottle with hot water and place it in your backpack or sleeping bag.
- Know where to get help if needed.
- Inform a close family member or friend of your itinerary.
- Get basic outdoor and first aid training.
- If you don’t know the route, get a trusted and experienced guide to join you.
- Know your limits. If you plan to go beyond it, make sure you’re ready for the worst.
- Wear quick-dry clothing.
- Bring different kinds of plastic bags: ziplock, large and small.
- Waterproof your items and bring different sizes of dry sacks.
- Bring your trash with you. Never leave them at the campsite.
- Avoid doing this alone.
- Plan ahead and prepare.
- Travel and camp on durable surface.
- Dispose waste properly.
- Leave what you find
- Minimize campfire impacts.
- Respect wildlife.
- Be considerate of other visitors.
|(1) Mt. Apo Davao||(6) Mt. Kanlaon Bacolod City|
|(2) Mt. Guiting-guiting Romblon||(7) Mt. Pulag Benguet|
|(3) Mt. Kitanglad Bukidnon||(8) Mt. Banahaw Quezon|
|(4) Mt. Mt. Halcon Mindoro||(9) Mt. Tabeyoc Mountain Prov.|
|(5) Mt. Mayon Albay||(10) Mt. Matutum South Cotobato|
|THINGS TO BRING:||RECOMMENDED BRAND/S||WHAT TO WEAR||RECOMMENDED BRAND/S|
|Technical Pack||The North Face/Mountain Hardware/Deuter||Quick Dry Shirt||Mountain Hardware/The North Face/Columbia/Lagalag/Pitman|
|Tent||Mountain hardware/The North Face/Black Diamond/Eureka||Quick Dry Pants||Mountain Hardware/The North Face/Columbia/Lagalag/Pitman|
|Sleeping Bag||The North Face/ Mountain Hardwear/Coghlan’s||Hiking Shoes||Columbia/The North Face|
|Earth Pad||Pitman/Side Out||Light weight Jacket||Mountain Hardware/The North Face/Columbia/|
|Towel||Sea to Summit/Aquazorb||Socks||Thorlo|
|Ground Sheet||Coglan’s||Hat/Cap||The North Face/Columbia/Pitman|
|Mess kit||GSI/Light My Fire|
|Head Lamp||Black Diamond/Princeton tec/Petzl|
|Jacket||Mountain Hardwear/ Columbia/ The North Face|
|First Aid Kit||Coghlan’s|
|Bag Cover||Coghlan’s/ TNF|
|Insect repellent||Para Kito|
|Trail Food||Trail Mix|
|Extra Clothes||Mountain Harwear/TNF/Columbia|
|Rain Protection||Coghlans Poncho|
|Swiss Army Knife||Victorinox/Gerber|