- always Warm-up and stretch before you start climbing.
- Plan your movements.
- Do not go overboard with your grip or you will easily lose it.
- Work on with your sense of balance.
- By keeping your body close to the wall, you relive pressure on your grip.
- Move quickly during sequences that require a great deal of upper body strength.
- Use arms for balancing and shifting of weight and legs for holding your weight.
- Reserve most of your strength for gripping to extend your endurance.
- Train your body to fit this kind of activity.
- Muscles will perform longer with short rests. Find rest opportunities while climbing.
- Push yourself and your ability with difficult routes. This means you will fall so you have to know how to handle a fall correctly.
- Watch and learn from good or professional climbers.
- Plan ahead and prepare.
- Travel and camp on durable surface.
- Dispose waste properly.
- Leave what you find.
- Minimize campfire impacts.
- Respect wildlife.
- Be considerate of other visitors.