- Wear the right shoes that provide protection against rocky and slippery trails.
- Start your training on flat paths and run for only 10 to 15 minutes, then increase your time and distance gradually. Take on more technical.
- Be sure to carry sufficient fluids and trail foods for you entire run.
- Adjust your stride to prevent tripping over roots and rocks. Lift your feet, especially your toes, slightly higher than you would on a flat path.
- Focus on the path in front of you without losing sight of your
direction and other obstacles.
- Always be mindful of trail signs.
- Walk if you are losing your drive to run on a steep hill or on a tricky obstacle.
- Always stay on the right side of the trail.
- When you approach a person from behind, loudly say, “Passing on your left (or right).”
- Plan ahead and prepare.
- Travel and camp on durable surface.
- Dispose waste properly.
- Leave what you find.
- Minimize campfire impacts.
- Respect wildlife.
- Be considerate of other visitors.
|(1) Camp John Hay, Baguio||(6) Tagaytay Highlands|
|(2) La Mesa Eco Park||(7) Samal Island, Davao|
|(3) Nuvali, Sta Rosa||(8) Mapawa Nature Park|
|(4) Mt. Makiling, Laguna||(9)|
|(5) Lilo-an, Cebu|
|THINGS TO BRING:||RECOMMENDED BRAND/S||WHAT TO WEAR||RECOMMENDED BRAND/S|
|Hydration||Nathan/The North Face/ Salomon||Quick Dry Tee||The North Face/Mountain Hardware/ Salomon|
|Sunscreen||Banana Boat/Beach Hut||Compression shorts||The North Face/Mountain Hardware/ Salomon|
|Towel||Sea To Summit / Aquazorb||Socks||Thorlo / Wigwam|
|Bandana||Headware||Shoes||Salomon /The North Face|
|Energy Gels||Stinger||Visor||The North Face/Headsweats|
|Watch/GPS||Garmin/Timex||Arm Guard||Mountain Hardwear|
|Eyewear||Bolle / Fury|
|Extra Shirt||Columbia / TNF|